Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wordpress...OMG

We recently had this conversation with some business, about them making a significant change in technology. They wanted to switch over to single vendor platform, which to most didn’t make any sense, not because it was a arduous task or because people’s animosity towards that particular vendor, but because it didn’t make sense in any way. So we all pitched for a solution, which made sense.
Since I am ardent fan of opensource world, I put forward a number of open source solution for various business needs and that’s when I got to work on Wordpress. Wordpress goes without saving is one of the most popular blog tool and I have seen it used by nearly most of my friends, in particular Arnab Deka.
The other day when I was posting some code in my blog, Arnab brought it up to me that the code was not formatted correctly. Well its not that I didn’t know that. It was pretty late at night when I submitted the Post and I didn’t want to waste my sleep formatting the code, so I just posted it. But then he also added that Wordpress has a plugin that does that for you. I was like WOW that’s neat. Why will anyone not move to wordpress. What the advantage of blogspot. What does blogspot have that wordpress doesn’t. I know what Wordpress has and blogspot doesn’t……..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Simple... its the single vendor platform you're talking about in your post. One google I'd... any you've got all the tools you need to take on the ever-changing Internet space.

Deba said...

But it doesnt do everything....thats my point